Since January 2020, there have been roughly 187,000 DOT drug test violations reported to the FMCSA Clearinghouse. Every particular person’s state of affairs is unique, nevertheless the collective data reveals some noticeable traits. Let’s uncover the most common causes for a optimistic DOT drug test and what you’ll be able to do for individuals who fail a drug verify sooner or later.

When Most Folks Fail DOT Drug Assessments

As anticipated, pre-employment drug checks have the best amount of testing violations. There had been 40,526 failed pre-employment checks in 2022, representing 57% of drug and alcohol violations. Random drug testing was the second most prevalent class with 20,328 reported violations. Publish-accident, inexpensive suspicion, return-to-duty, and follow-up testing all had beneath 2,700 violations each.

Most Widespread Substances on Constructive DOT Drug Assessments

Constructive drug checks account for 82% of complete violations. Refusals and alcohol testing make up the remaining 18%.  Right here is a top level view of the most common substances reported on DOT drug checks:

  • Marijuana: 40,916 violations
  • Cocaine: 10,953 violations
  • Methamphetamine: 5,569 violations
  • Amphetamine: 5,349 violations
  • Oxymorphone: 1,398 violations
  • Oxycodone: 1,130 violations
  • Hydrocodone: 1,042 violations
  • Hydromorphone, morphine, codeine, 6-acetylmorphine, PCP, ecstasy, and MDA: Lower than 1,000 violations each

It’s important to note that refusing a drug verify is taken into consideration a failed drug verify. It’s going to get reported to the clearinghouse an identical to a optimistic verify consequence will. Be prepared for random drug testing out of your employer at any time, in accordance with DOT legal guidelines.

What to Do If You Fail a DOT Drug Take a look at

Should you fail or refuse a DOT drug verify, you may want to complete the Return-to-Obligation course of. It is a personalised set of steps outlined by a Substance Abuse Skilled (SAP). You would possibly need to uncover a licensed DOT SAP list. You may be requested to complete counseling, education, or substance abuse treatment sooner than being re-evaluated for work. When you full the steps in your RTD program, you probably can return to your SAP to be cleared for work.

You can’t full safety-sensitive job duties until you’ve achieved your SAP program. The Clearinghouse violation will solely fall off after you’ve achieved this system, and it will nonetheless keep in your file for a minimum of seven years. The earlier you could get by the course of, the easier it’s going to probably be to transition once more to work.

After RTD, you may have to cross a variety of drug checks inside the primary 12 months. This shall be together with any random drug testing your employer might conduct. Your SAP can transient you on the course of, so that you understand exactly what to anticipate shifting forward.

Hashtags: #DOT #Drug #Testing #Numbers #Widespread #Causes #Failed #Drug #Assessments

2023-02-28 13:47:43

Keep Tuned with for additional Business news.

Pretend Fortunate Me I See Ghosts Hoodies

Previous article

What To Look For In A 24 Port Managed PoE Change And Why It May Be The Good Answer

Next article

You may also like


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Auto